Folly Beach Salt Marsh Kayaking
This 2.5 hour guided kayak tour departing from Folly beach is the perfect amount of time to get out and get a taste of all the wonders of the salt marsh estuary. Bottlenose Dolphin are a regular highlight on this tour, among the other diverse wildlife abundant to the area. No experience necessary, as your guide will introduce you to basic paddling techniques and safety protocol before launching. Choose from our high quality single or double touring style kayaks. For the more seasoned paddlers, we can tailor the trip to be suitable to your skill level. Book one of our regularly scheduled trips, or arrange a custom private outing for your crew.
“Beat the HEAT” Salt Marsh Kayak Tour
- Tuesday and Thursday Mornings.
- Departure times vary based on tide from 7am-10am. Check booking calendar for specific times.
- Other dates and times available by request for groups of 4 or more. Just email or call to request another date/time.
- Small Group outings with naturalist guide
- Appx 2.5 hour event
- $55 per person Adult (Choice of single or double touring style kayak)
Twilight Folly Kayaking Tour
- May-October= Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Departures between 5:30-7pm depending on date (check online calendar)
- Other dates can be booked by request for groups of 4 or more, or minimum $22
- Small group outings with a naturalist guide
- Appx 2-2.5 hour event
- Other days and private events by request
- $55 per person Adult (choice of single or double kayak)
Full Moon Kayak Tour
- Head out for sunset and a full moon rise over the salt-marsh
- June 28th @ 7:30pm
- July 26th @ 7:30pm
- August 26th @ 7pm
- Sept 24th @ 6pm
- $60 per person adult (choice of Single or double kayaks)
2.5hr Private Guided Tour Rate:
2-4 @ $240
5+ paddlers @ $55.50 per person
Kids 12 & under @ $42 per person *must be in tandem kayak with adult and have at least 2 adults at full price to be eligible for discount
Contact for group rates
Schedule: Departures times for private trips can be customized to best fit your schedule and the tidal conditions for your selected day. Give us a call or email for suggested departure times for specific dates.
Morris Island Lighthouse Full Day
Between the mouth of the Charleston Harbor and the north end of Folly Beach, lies one South Carolina’s undeveloped barrier island jewels. The important role Morris island has played in Charleston’s history, and its undeveloped beaches, make it a special place to visit any time of the year.
We plan this tour to follow the outgoing tide to the Island, usually departing from the county park boat landing on Folly Beach. We will land on the south side beach and have time for shelling and hunting for sharks teeth. Enjoy your lunch on the beach in view of the lighthouse. As the tide turns around, we will depart for the return journey through the Marshes. Typical paddle time each direction is 1.5-2 hours (up to 4 hours total paddle time with up to 1.5 hours on the island). Due to the longer nature of the trip, some paddle experience is strongly recommended. If you want to visit Morris Island but 3-4 hours of paddling is too much, our private charter boat is also a great way to see it.
Full Day Private Guided Tour Rate:
1-3 paddlers @ $325 (minimum rate)
4-5 paddlers @ $95 per person
6-8 paddlers @ $85 per person
Contact for group rates
Schedule: This trip has a couple of departure point options, all of which are very important to plan according to the tide for a good experience. For this reason, reservations well ahead of time are strongly recommended.