Currently Closed for activities thur April 6th
At Charleston Kayak Company we always put our clients safety and comfort as our number one priority, and in the current climate we have doubled down on that commitment. We will continue to offer our programs during these uncertain times, but will be taking extra steps to update our programming and practices to minimize risks of transmission and exposure. Our programs always require reservations, but as we have scaled back our activities and staffing, please be extra certain to arrange your outing before heading out to see us. As always, we will be cleaning our equipment diligently before and after all activities. We have added additional cleaning steps for our pfd’s, and wiping down our kayak decks and paddle shafts with disinfectant prior to each outing. We have instructed our staff to alter practices to minimize touching of shared surfaces, and eliminated handshakes and high-fives with our guests and each other. We are doing payment for all activities via on-line booking or by phone to eliminate the need to handle ipads or pass credit cards back and forth.
By design, all of our activities are small group sizes to begin with, but we have taken the extra step of making All activities thru April 14th are Private Events (date subject to change based rapidly changing circumstances). Of course per CDC recommendations, we ask that all staff members and guests do not participate in our activities if you have any symptoms of illness, have recently traveled out of the country, or have been potentially exposed to anyone with the virus.
- Our self-guided kayaking rentals are being arranged as private orientations and we launch you on to the water as a private group. Call or email to arrange
- We have lowered our minimum rates for private tours.
- Blackwater Swamp $222 1-3 people or $74 pp 4-6 people.
- Ashley River Tour $220 1-4 people or $55 4-6 people
- Our Salt-Marsh Boat Charters are always arranged as private excursions, and offer opportunities to get dropped on undeveloped islands. *currently suspended due to overcrowding of boat landings and docks
Of course we can not make any guarantees about a virus free environment, but will continue to take all the steps to minimize risk of exposure or spread. Please don’t hesitate to call or email any questions or concerns.
-Luke Pope-Corbett & Charleston Kayak Company Team