Into the Swamp
Blackwater Cypress Swamp Kayaking at Charleston Woodlands
- Saturday October 5th @ 10am
- Sunday October 6th @ 5pm – Twilight Swamp Paddle
- $63 per person Single Kayak- 15% discount from normal rate
- $57.50 per person Double kayak- 24% discount from normal rate
- Appx. 2.5 hour event *includes short on property shuttle to and from event
- Professional Naturalist Guide
- Have a crew of 6 or more? Contact us for a custom swamp paddle at a time of your choosing! Advance reservations required.
Join us for a truly unique outdoor experience exploring the blackwater swamp at Charleston Woodlands. We will slowly meander under the canopy of towering bald cypress and tupelo trees via single or double kayaks. With only a narrow winding “trail” through the cypress knees your really able to immerse yourself among the forest. This is definitely not your high octane work out paddle, but much more of a meditative chill paddle through the forest. A naturalist guide will help navigate the trail and make sure you make it back to the music. We are passionate about sharing information about the plants, animals, and history that make these areas so critical, but theres nothing like letting the swamp speak for itself and taking in all the sounds of the forest.
*Navigation can be quite tricky within the swamp, so we only offer this trip as a guided kayak tour (no self-guided access).
*We will pick up participants from the vendor area at “into the woods” and make the short shuttle trip across the property to the swamp
*Takes place on property, in an area only accessible via this trip
Kayak and SUP Rentals @ Into the Woods
Hourly equipment rentals available at festival venue
- Walk-up Hourly rentals of Kayaks, canoes, and SUPs- no reservation needed
- Rates forthcoming
- Schedule and availability is subject to change based on wind and weather conditions.
- must be at least one participant 18 years or up with each rental
- Friday October 4th 3pm-Sunset
- Saturday October 5th 9am-Sunset
- Sunday October 6th 9am-4pm
Into the Woods festival takes place on 2 gorgeous freshwater lakes with calm and clear waters perfect for a leisurely paddle, all while taking in the sounds from the stage. Rental equipment will be available on an hourly basis for festival goers. Single kayaks, tandem kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddle boards will be available for walk-up rentals throughout the festival. However, if you have a big crew, and a specific time and date you want to go out, we can reserve boats ahead of time for you if you prefer (deposit required). Otherwise, just head over to the vendor area and find our tent and launch site along the lake and we will get you on the water!
Stay Tuned for more recreational opportunties at INTO THE WOODS and be sure to check out our other activities offered year round!